Friday, April 5, 2013

HAM BANDIT

So, being the very organized mother that I am, I planned to make Layla a ham and cheese sandwich for lunch today. I entered the kitchen around 7:15 a.m. to prepare my daughter's lunch.

I opened the crisper in the refrigerator only to find that the entire package of ham recently purchased was GONE. I just bought it Saturday and it was GONE!

Seriously, where does a whole package (package and all) of ham go?

I asked my husband, "What happened to the package of ham that was in the fridge? Have you seen it?"

To which this was the reply, "I took it to work with me, it's in my lunchbox."

How do I reply to this? There are too many questions. Why did you take the whole package? Were you that hungry? Who needs a pound of ham? Are you feeding other people?

For time purposes, I settled on, "Where is the ham now?"

"It's still in my lunchbox, I left my lunchbox at work."

Me: "So, there will be no ham then."

Husband: "No, no ham."

The ham bandit has struck. And I am at a loss for words. Today, I'll just laugh.

And enjoy the fact that because of the ham bandit, my daughter enjoyed a nice meal at school with her daddy bringing her lunch. Happy Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment