Friday, March 15, 2013

Reflecting..

We are nearly to the one year anniversary of Lila's open heart surgery. One year ago we were anxiously awaiting Spring Break. Not for the thrill of a trip or sleeping in....no. We were extremely close to a scary time and we weren't too excited about it.

Having said that, all went well. She was a warrior princess. She sailed right through surgery and went home after five nights in the hospital. LeBonheur Children's Hospital was wonderful. We are forever grateful for their care. They took excellent care of our baby and us. They also had lots of fun activities for big sister.

But, I reflect on the fear and apprehension I felt. I remember holding that sweet baby all night before her surgery. I just rocked and sang. And prayed. Oh, did I pray. Isn't it ironic how we dutifully pray in those times of weakness? If I only prayed that way every day.

The scariest feeling I have ever had was handing my baby to the nurse as she walked away with her for surgery. I hope I never have to experience that again. I am so very thankful for the beautiful healthy heart she now has.

The following photos and videos may be difficult to watch/see. Viewer discretion is advised.

 Sweet baby...
 
 Lila right after surgery...
This is just to show all of the machines and hook-ups..

 A healthy heart!
 
The warrior princess is such a trooper!
 
Big Sister Layla got to spend the night with her cousins when Lila had surgery. She enjoyed a bonfire, four wheeler riding and some playtime at the park with them. Special thanks to Jessica, James, Bo, Brody, Jamie and Bryx for keeping her occupied and happy while we were at LeBonheur.

No comments:

Post a Comment